Inscription “Kurskaya of the Big Ring 1945-1949” reminds of the plans of the subway development of the late 1940s. Back then they planned to build Small ring line as part of Boulevard ring.
Pay attention to the spiral design of the lamps that symbolizes one of the postulates of dialectical materialism – progressive movement from lower to higher forms, spiral development. Marx formulated this principle and gave the new meaning to the dialectic of Hegel.
Mosaic “Battle for the Soviet rule in Ukraine”. Some people joke that the partisan on the image is using a mobile phone and a pocket PC. In fact, it’s a military telephone UNA. Its handle is heavy and held by both hands. In front of the partisan is a box where the device is installed. Although the joke is not so silly: such phones began to be produced only in 1928 – 6 years after completion of the Civil War.
Some say that these monumental benches had been brought from the first Christ the Savior Cathedral before it was demolished. Another version states, they were made from the marble of that Cathedral. This marble is rather lucky, because most of memorial plates with names of war heroes 1812 were grinded for covering the paths in Moscow parks back then.