Petrovskiy Lighthouse: Abandoned Beauty Abandoned lighthouses are amazing. This one was found quite unexpectedly in the Astrakhan region of Russia. In the village named Vyshka. The lighthouse was named after Peter the Great who visited this region during the Persian campaign in 1722. It was built in 1741 upon his command. It was destroyed in 1852 by heavy storms. A new stone lighthouse appeared in its place by 1876.