In September 1839, following 44 years of construction, there happened a solemn laying of the foundation of Christ the Savior Cathedral. The Cathedral is located not far from the Kremlin on the left bank of the Moskva river. The original object was built to express gratitude to God for the rescue of Russia from Napoleon’s invasion. Names of the Russian officers, killed in the war 1812, were inscripted on the walls of the Cathedral. Some views from Christ the Savior Cathedral dated 1867 are published now.