The first line of the Moscow subway named after Kaganovich opened on 15th May 1935. Trains travelled from “Sokolniki” station to “Park of Culture” and also along the branch line from “Okhotny Ryad” to “Smolenskaya”. It generally had 13 stations then. Let’s take a look of the main entrances and indoor vestibules of the Moscow subway system when it only appeared.
“To Great Stalin – the initiator and encourager of the subway construction – our proletarian salute!”