Top models of the early XX century were much different from those of the present day. They were full of special energy and emotions. They presented dresses and told about couture houses and fashion collections to journalists and public. And in this relation no other women could compare with Russian beauties. Paris was in love with them.
1. This is Natali Paley, Paris.
2. Princess Natalia Paley was a granddaughter of emperor Alexander II but was born in Paris.
3. In 1920 together with her mother and sister she left Soviet Russia for France where she bagen her career as a model.
4. In 1927 she became a wife of fashion designer Lucien Lelong, but the couple divorced in 1937. Natalia also was a girl from the Vogue magazine cover.
5. Natali has an affair with a German writer Erich Maria Remarque, their relations inspired him to write a novel “Shadows in Paradise”.
6. Model Zhenya de Castex, Parus, 1934.
7. Viscountess Zhenya de Castex put a spell on fashion designers – she looked amazing in their dresses.
8. Born with the last name Gorlenko, Zhenya successfully married a Spanish embassador and obtained a high status.
9. Zhenya de Castex, Paris, 1936.
10. Lady Iya Abdy, Paris (before marriage – Iya Grogorievna Ge. Iya was married to a very rich man who after their divorce provided her with immense fortune and a 20-carat diamond. She was a muse for poets and artists.
11. Born in Slavyansk, Iya Ge (Lady Abdy) got her first job in Paris from Callot Soeurs. Quite soon she captivated all Paris and her husband-to-be Robert Abdy. But her big fame came to her when she began to work for Coco Chanel.
12. Model Lyudmila Fedoseeva, 1937. She advertised the most fanciful dresses of the time.
13. Lyudmila became especially famous after she was photographed by Horst P. Horst for Vogue. However those pictures were never published in the magazine itself.
14. Lyudmila Fedoseeva, late 30s.
15. Lidia Zelenskaya, Paris, 1938. Another Russian star adored by France.
16. Mary Eristova, Paris, 1929.
17. Anna Sten, Hollywood, 1932.
18. Model Ekaterina Bobrikova, Paris, 1937.
19. Teya Bobrikova, Paris, 1928.
20. Lidia Zelenskaya, Paris, 1928.
21. Natali Paley, Paris, 1937.