This is full wheel drive WW2 era mass rocket launching truck. First truck base built in 1939. Was a first Soviet 4×4 truck. But started series product only in 1948. Now restored and photos from Russian magazine:
The armor plates on roof of cabin.
During march crew sits on folding seats. Commander sits in a cab of truck with driver.
This has “Katyusha” BM-14 rocket launcher. Can be raised 50 degree up or turn left right 70 degrees, has 17 rocket slots.
Shoots 140 mm turbojet projectile M-14D.
In front has a winch and gas tank armor.
The engine is 6 cylinder 3.5 liter built on base American Dodge D5 motor.
Four wheel drive and manual 4 speed transmission
Inside truck was like its civil counterparts.
Production last till 1968. 474,000 cars made (civil mainly).
Photos from KolesaRu site:
EnglishRussia subscription – all photos on one page for one year: click here