Nine most expensive Russian cars you can buy now or were on sale recently starting with the “Marussia” SUV. The SUV has a 3.5liter engine and 340 horse power. The design is sort of weird and The price tag was around $120,000 in 2010. But looks like you can’t buy them anymore – the company filed for bankrupcy recently.
2. Soviet classics Gaz-13 “Chaika” or “Seagull”. True Soviet legend. What makes it standing apart from other Soviet cars – this car never was for sale in USSR. It even didn’t have a market price. It was either appointed to some high-authority Soviet manager or was awarded for great deeds to a Soviet person as a gift. It was around 3,000 of those cars produced in USSR. Now it’s for sale for around $120,000.
3. Another MARUSSIA car, the first car of the company. It was making 60 mph (100kmh) in 3.7 seconds.Had nice engine and somehow nice design. The price for this car was around $180,000. But as we mentioned above company had difficulties and probably is closed by now.
4. “Medved” or “The Bear” SUV. What else didn’t you expect from a Russian company naming their SUV? It’s an amphibious vehicle. Has huge wheels and can go thru deep water, like a boat. It’s using huge GAZ-66 base as its platform. Engines come from Nissan. Eats tons of gas but can go practically anywhere. The price tag was exceeding $200,000.
5. For $250,000 you could buy another Russian SUV called “The Tiger”. It’s being produced in both civil and military versions. Civil one is not armored. It was produced in 2008 by limited quantity. Some Russian celebrities own this one. It has a diesel engine of 5.9 liter.
6. T98 “Combat”. Costs same $250,000. They sell it as a “VIP transport in the conditions of extreme danger”. It’s armored and can go off road. They say it’s one of the fastest armored SUVs in the world.
7. Amulet car. Weird luxurious car covered with Canadian buffalo skin. They say its a true art piece. Interiors inside covered with expensive furs. Some parts, like handles or knobs made from the ivory. Only one such was made yet, the price tag was almost $300,000.
8. Volga V12 Coupe. And interesting mash-up of Soviet classics GAZ-21 Volga and BMW-850. Only one was made. They spent 17 months to build it. Almost everything in this car is hand work. The price tag for it is over $600,000.
9. And this is the most expensive Russian car “Russo-Balt Impression”. Russo-Balts were luxury car brend in Imperial Russia before the 1917 Revolution. Now in attempt to revive the brand they made this car. They tried to make it look retro and gave it powerful V12 engine. And the owner of the car wants now astronomical amount of $2,000,000 for it, making it most expensive Russian car for sale now.