There is curly hair horse in Russian. It’s full name is “trans-Baikal curly hair horse”. Here are some facts about it.
1. This horse takes its roots from Mongol people and their horses 1,000 years ago.
2. Curly hair covers 99% of this horse body.
3. These curly horses are pretty small in size.
4. You can meet these horses only in two more countries in the world – Tajikistan and Saudi Arabia.
5. This horse is a big rarity. There are only 300 of those in Chita region of Siberia, Russia.
6. This horse can easily adapt to the harsh natural conditions and even can get herself fed in winter if left alone. Same time they are easily tamed and fine with having saddle on itself.
7. The color of the horse varies greatly from gray to red.
8. In winter 1889 Russian officer crossed all Russia in 194 days on this curly horse. It was 9,500km long way and he spent at least 80km on his horse each day, going thru snowdrifts and bad winter roads. His horse felt well and it was thirteen years old at the moment of the trip.
9. Average price on Internet for this horse is around 1,000,000 roubles (or $15,000).
10. And of course because of its sheep like hair the horses can withstand strong cold weather much more easily.
And here is a video of some curly trans-Baikal horses.