In early July, the plant’s leadership went to meet the leadership of our Omsk Spotting Club, and an they organized a photoshoot for us.
MI-8 meets us on a pedestal near the plant entrance checkpoint.
7.There we were met by a stern fluffy guard.
“Stop. Who are you?”
“Er, Omsk spotting Club”
“Well, then OK. Only the next time don’t you dare to come here without treats. I like chicken, by the way”.
8. The plant produces overhaul of civilian MI-8 helicopters of various modifications, including MI-8 AMT (export designation of MI-171); also the enterprise is engaged in re-equipment of helicopters for developer documentation, manufacturing of interchangeable components for own production needs, repair of aircraft components taking into account the operational constraints of the basic products.
The workshop of disassembly of helicopters.
11. Other shops and industrial premises.
16. During a complete overhaul of a helicopter, there is a repair of its components and assemblies, replacement of wiring, repair and painting of the fuselage and other operations except repairing of engines.
Helicopters arrive at the plant by air, railway, transport aircraft or trucks. The airport is located 1.5 km from the territory of the plant.
18. The Assembly shop.
27. We move from the shops to the street. There are also a lot of interesting things.
29. A ground power unit and a tanker (orange).
From the history of the company.
February 5, 1945 on the basis of production capacity of the Aircraft repair facility # 406 of Aktyubinsk town, there was created Omsk Aircraft Repair Workshop #41 West Siberian Office of the civil air fleet.
From 1945 to 1956 there was carried out an overhaul of 1235 aircraft Po-2 and 2008 engines M-11.
36. *Tomsk Avia*
In 1956, they mastered ARM-41 and started repairing the new type of aircraft – the Yak-12 and engines AI-14 R.
From 1956 to 1969, there were overhauled 695 aircrafts Yak-12 and 1931 engines AI-14 R.
In 1960, mastered a repair of MI-4.
From 1961 to 1985, the plant capitally repaired 2638 helicopters Mi-4.
In 1969, due to the Decree of the Ministry of Civil Aviation, the aviation workshops have been renamed in the factory number 41 of civil aviation.
At the end of the 60-ies, the plant mastered the repair of helicopters MI-8.
In 1994, the plant mastered a repair of helicopters MI-8 MTV-1. During the period from 1969 to 2006 years, there were repaired more than 4800 helicopters MI-8.
In 1994 the company was registered as Open Joint Stock Company Omsk plant of civil aviation.
48. The platform for dynamic tests.
50. The helicopter is cought to devices using these cables, it seeks to the sky while there is a measurement of various indicators, verification systems.
51. The runway area.
52. As they explained us, the front chassis is fixed at a turning spot, the helicopter lifts over the ground and revolves around the axis of the center of the site.
On the lawn, there were two refurbished boards.
54. Mi-171. RA-22434
70. *100 years*