Mi-8 helicopter has been produced since the 1960s being one of the most popular in the world history. According to the number of the produced vehicles it only concedes to light multi-purpose and transport helicopters Bell UH-1 “Iroquois” and “Huey” but still being the most mass produced two-engine helicopter in the world. In general there have been built 12 000 Mi-8 helicopters, 2 000 of them have been exported to more than 40 countries of the world. Half of them are still being used.
One more world record is the number of Mi-8 modifications – there are more than 80 of them – transport, passenger, military, medical, agricultural ones etc. Yes, this model can perform a great number of tasks in different spheres of human activity all over the planet.
Today we gonna fly over the snow covered city Surgut on one of such helicopters.
Some more interesting facts about Mi-8 helicopter:
– average annual production of the helicopter is about 350 units.
– one unit of the helicopter costs from 14,5 to 17,5 million dollars depending on the modification.
– one hour of a flight costs 3,5 thousand dollars.
– each hour the helicopter consumes about 700 kg of fuel.
– Mi-8 was being used in fifteen wars and serious armed conflicts around the world.
There are a lot of oil and gas companies in Surgut.
Then this oil is taken away in various directions deeply into Russia.
City quarters of Surgut.
The bank of the Ob river.
The cranes are waiting for spring to come.
The flight is to be over soon.
And it’s time to leave the yellow wonderful helicopter.