We are in the main palace of Russia – in the Kremlin of Moscow. Adult citizens of the city still remember its marble staircases, labyrinths of endless corridors and halls, red carpets on the floor. They used to run there, sit on the throne and even paint mustanches on faces of the statues. But then all the locked of the Kremlin were changed, and they started to repair it. But today the palace does not thrill as it used to twenty years ago. And how can it thrill when even ermine skins are plastic now?
This is Alexander Hall.
St. Gerorge’s Hall.
One of the main staterooms of the palace. It was called in honor of the Order of St. George, approved by Catherine II in 1769 – it became the highest military award of the Russian Empire.
It’s the view from the palace balcony.
St. Andrew’s Hall.
St. Andrew’s Hall became a throne hall and main Emperor’s hall of the Moscow Kremlin. In 1932 it turned into the meeting room which hosted the party conventions.
In fact nobody is allowed to enter the Kremlin and take photos there.
On this throne children used to play…
Plastic ermines – no comments…
Coming to the Faceted Chamber.
It’s the Malachite foyer.
By the way, there is no malachite here. Everything is painted to resemble malachite.
The repair was made poorly.
It looks quite sad, doesn’t it?