In the 1940s this station was the largest rail yard in Moscow. Today it is the only Moscow depot where they still have facilities for steam trains maintenance.
On the territory are still a wooden station building and depot structures, a water tower, an administrative building, a locomotive depot with a swinging circle, a house for staff… They were all built in 1901 in an “art nouveau” style.
Reinforced concrete hangar
Curtain aerial does not seem to be large though it is quite spacious: 30 m wide and 8-9 m high.
This locomotive is 5 m high!
These gates have seen 5 generations of assemblers…
Each section is for 5 locomotives
Swinging circle is still operating
Booth of the controller
Railways start from the station in three directions.
Old rare water crane is still here
Here they repair the trains. These ones are trains of L series, 4,99 m high, their working mass – 102 t!
Old rusty locomotives
Water tower built in 1901
Train of 1989
The authorities plan to liquidate the station and built a residential area on its place. Hope it won’t happen!