Nearly 1500 km of roads belongs to the Omsk part of the Western-Siberian railway. The total number of its workers exceeds 25 thousand. The department serves more than 800 consignors and consignees.
Railway station in Omsk. Its first building is dated 1896.
In 2006 it obtained its modern look.
Suburban railway station
Omsk railway yard
“Vkhodnaya” station is 7 km long, its freight cars turnover exceeds 17 thousand of cars daily.
Cars repair depot. The hangar length is more than 1 km.
Breaking up the train
It’s not an easy task
Locomotive maintenance depot
Traffic interchange near the station
Railway bridge over the Irtysh in Omsk
Trains started to cross the river in 1896
The bridge is 730 m long.
Construction of the second way was finished in 1935
The old bridge is not used today
In 1994 the new, third, bridge was erected.
The bridge is a part of the Trans-Siberian railway
The everage interval between trains on the bridge is 3-5 minutes.
Another railway yard called “Moskovka”
It is 8 km long.
The station serves 7500 cars daily
Electrical signal box
Locomotive depot “Moskovka”
The suburban trains have the Internet connection.
Model of an electrical train SR-3.
“Karasuk” station in the Novosibirsk region
Karasuk is a large railway junction