Many people don’t know the difference between Chernobyl and Pripyat. Chernobyl had been there before the nuclear power plant was built. But the city is now located in the exclusion zone that is very popular among tourists.
The city was first mentioned in 1193 when it was ruled by Poland. The word ‘chernobyl’ is translated from Ukrainian as ‘wormwood’.
Those who want to enter the zone need to get a pass for that.
A new museum which is not working yet.
The monument is called ‘A Trumpeting Angel’
The alley consists of indicators taken from every village in the exclusion zone.
The place does look very beautiful, it has a lot of snow and sun.
The villages the indicators of which are presented here are all under snow now.
By the way, the level of radiation in Chernobyl is 20mkr/ hour, while 30 mkr/hour is considered as norm.
Before the tragic accident the city was inhabited by 12.5 thousand people. Now only employees of the enterprises located in the exclusion zone stay here.
Memorial to a bull tamer. By the way, local people paint the bull’s genital organs red on the eve of Easter.
They say people put letters to their dead relatives into the mail boxes.
ChernobylInform is an organization that plans and organizes trips to the Chernobyl area.
The exclusion zone consists of three areas: a special zone around the power plant and zones that are located 10 km and 20 km away the special zone.
This is how radiation was spread all over the planet.
The map shows how Ukraine was contaminated with caesium-137. Some areas adjacent to Chernobyl suffered as well.
Monument to Liquidators Of Emergency At The Nuclear Power Plant.
The church was built in 1779.
The road leads to Chernobyl.
It takes 2 hours to go to Chernobyl from Kiev.
The abandoned forests are now inhabited by wild animals such as bears, deers, foxes, wolves, and many others.
“Wherever you want”