Welcome to Kuskovo Manor, the summer entertainment country-house of count Peter Sheremetiev which was intended for parties, celebrations and entertainments. For more than half a century beginning with 1739 and ending with 1792 count P. B. Sheremetiev, son of Peter the Great’s associate Field-Marshal B. P. Sheremetiev, has built and decorated the manor. His summer residence was not inferior to the tsar’s palace in refinement and magnificence.
The pond. Standing on its opposite side one can catch the wonderful view of the Grand Palace.
The ducks are enjoying the weather and the water.
The road leads right to the Grand Palace past the Church.
Do you feel like taking a ride?
The wooden Grand Palace is the main unit of the Manor. It was built in 1769-1775.
For the first time the Manor was mentioned in the 16th century. It is never crowded as the place is far from the subway and the admission fee is charged here. The situation can be different only on Saturdays as people like celebrating weddings here. Besides, the museum is closed on Monday and Tuesday.
The sloping rampants were used to take carriages close to the entrance. In this case noble ladies and gentlemen didn’t have to climb the white-stone main staircase.
The Manor entrance fee accounts for 1,5 US dollars. Besides, you will have to pay for visiting separate sights such as the Grand Palace, the grotto, etc.
Total cost will constitute around 30 US dollars maximum.
The front hall. The walls decorated with antique pictures, military attributes and the crest are marble painted. The lantern with crystal oak leafs is in the center of the ceiling.
Alabaster vases decorated with fruits and trees are located close to marble candelabrum depicting girls and boys with a horn of abundance.
The oldest billiard table that appeared in Russia. The game itself acquired popularity in the 17th century.
The pictures painted by unknown Russian artists of the 18th century are perfect copies of European originals.
The dining-room is located in the southern part of the palace and has a lot of mirrors, crystal objects, gold coating and magnificent drawings.
These are portraits of the Manor’s owners: Count Boris Sheremetiev and Countess Anna Sheremetieva.
Prince Alexei Cherkassky and Princess Maria Cherkassky.
This is an enfilade of gala halls. A round portrait of Catherine II, the Empress of Russia, decorates the blue wall.
Card tables made by Russian and French masters of the 18th century.
Glased tile stove typical of Russia.
The crimson dining-room. Portraits of the Empress of Russia and Count Sheremetiev.
Catherine II, Grand Duke and his wife.
The front bedroom was borrowed from Europe and very popular in the 18th century in Russia.
A small rest-room.
Leaving the Grand Palace.
The park is almost empty.
The grotto is one of the most beautiful buildings. Its walls and ceiling are decorated with shells.
An Italian house.
The hall is the largest room in the house.
The Grand Palace.
The stone greenhouse.
The Dutch house was built in 1749.
The first floor embraces service rooms whereas the second one has a front hall and a dessert room.
The Grand stone greenhouse where different exhibitions are held from time to time.
Menu for guests included crayfish, pies, chicken, salads, sturgeon, ham, patty-cakes, strawberry cakes, etc.