The Solovetsky Monastery is located on the Solovetsky islands in the White sea. It was founded in 1429 by the monks Herman and Savvatiy. This place is very attractive for tourists because of its beautiful nature and great old architecture.
The entrance through the Holy Gates.
A view through the arch of the Gate Church.
The Refectory and Belfry are on the left, then there is the St. Nicholas Church andÂ Transfiguration Cathedral is on the right.
The bell calling for church ( the Blagovestny Bell), 1856.
The restored iconostasis of Transfiguration Cathedral.
A view from the gallery of Transfiguration Cathedral to the Gate Church.
The Saint (Svyatitelsky) and Annunciation (Blagoveschensky) buildings.
The gravestone of Abraham Palitsyn , the cellarer of the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius.
The White Tower and a courtyard near a mill.
An ordinance near the White Tower.
An approach to the White Tower.
Inside the White Tower.
A wooden plumbing.
Near the Fraternal (Bratskaya) bath.
St. Trinity Zosimus-Savvatievsky Cathedral.
The wall on the right runs along Saint Lake.
Temporarily placed here bells from the belfry.
A sundial on the Vicar (Namestnichesky) building.
The Church of Assumption and the Refectory.
The Tailor (Portnaya) Chamber.
The Icon Painting Chamber.
The monument to the last ataman of Zaporizhian Sich, Peter Kalnyshevsky.
The Church of St. Nicholas.
The Church of St. Herman.
A gallery near the Refectory.