All these photos were shot from the top of the scaffoldings of the building at the intersection of Moyka and Gorokhovaya streets in St. Petersburg. The building is very old and has a rich history. Let’s mix the up-to-date photos with an interesting excursion into the historical domain.
In the first half of the 18-th century the place on the bank of the Moyka river belonged to V.J. Novoseltsev. In 1747 the place was separated. In the middle of the 18-th century the stone house on the bank belonged to the vice president of the justice college Fredrick von Bremer.
That is how the building looked like in 1913.
View of Admiralteystvo, Gorokhovaya Street.
The building inside today.
In 1842 the house was already tree-stored and there was given a nod to build a balcony and to re-plaster the frontage.
In 1861 the house became the place of the Johann Abrakham’s photographic studio, in 1970 – for the central homeopathic pharmacy and in 1980’s – for the homeopathic medical centre.
Common view of the centre of the city.
In 1906 a Belgian national S. Esters and a Netherlandish national N. Scheifalls, which owned a clothing company, petitioned for the admission to build their trading house on the place of the house number 15 in Moyka street. In 1907 the building was constructed on the base of 1120-ton metal skeleton.
The building is adorned by the abundant stucco decor. The huge windows and the narrow espacements create the distinct geometrical arrangement of the frontage.
The dome of Mariinnsky Palace.
In 1919 in the building began to operate the Central clothes factory. In 1922 it was renamed into V.Volodarsky’s Clothes Factory.
The Blue Bridge and the dock cranes in the background.
The main focuses of the city.
The building of the Book Centre, the dome of St. Catherine of Alexandria Catholic Church, the Smolny Cathedral in the background.
In 1940 the Volodarsky’s Clothing Factory was awarded with the Order of the Red Banner of Labour.
The Rostral columns and the Admiralteystvo’s flag.
In 1964 it became Volodarsky’s male clothes fabrication corporation and in 1988 – Leningrad Industrial-trade corporation of V.Volodarsky.
In 1992 it becomes “St. Petersburg Clothing Fabric” Close Joint-Stock Company.
Mariinsky business centre.
The scaffoldings from the ground.
The new glass dome on the roof.
The common view from the dome.
Location: St. Petersburg