Chusov Metallurgical Works is one of the oldest plants in the Urals. It’s also the biggest ferrous metal industry enterprise with the full technological cycle of metal production.
Moreover, CMW is the leading vanadium iron production enterprise, producing spring plates and finished automobile springs.
The plant was founded in 1879 by the French-Russian Ural joint-stock company. For a long time it has been one of the most well-equipped factories.
In 1930 the government decided that the plant should specialize in production of qualitative steels and tractor spring plates.
A huge blastfurnace – it’s capacity is about 600 cubic meters.
On the 13th of January, 1936, here was produced the first domestic vanadium iron.
During the World War II, the factory produced tank armor plates and high-explosive flame-thrower for the famous “Katyusha”.
In 1976, on the territory of CMW the biggest in Europe automobile spring workshop was built.