Today we are going to see two interesting places near Fryazino, the Moscow Region: a radar of the space communication center and Grebnyovo estate.
Coming to the territory of the military base
It seems that this place is not abandoned
A tower with an approximate height 60m nearby. Some equipment on the top.
The first main object we were going to see – a huge radar set of the space communications center located on the territory of this military base.
Going deeper into the forest
Another tower that looks like a meteorological one.
Some support structure
The stairs are flooded, what is there on the bottom we wonder?
In the forest such flooded wells can be met
A huge antenna of the radar set
It was used in the Soviet project “Mars”
An acting transforming station and remains of a military truck
It is so huge!
The doors and windows are closed, is there any equipment inside?
And this is Grebnyovo estate – our second destination.
In 1780-90s there was built the main estate house and a summer Grebnyovo church. In 1803 this estate vested in the hands of Anna Golitsyna whose husband Sergey Golitsyn began large-scale construction works in 1817.
In 1823 the estate took the form we can see today.
Old fretwork somewhere on the walls of the estate.
In 1845 the Golytsins sold the estate to a merchant Panteleev who made a vitriol and a distilling factories there. It ruined the interiors of the main house, however they were restored by efforts of the next owners of the Grebnyovo – the Kondrashyovs merchants.
In 1913 the estate was bought by a famous Moscow doctor Fyodor A. Grinevsky
Gradually the Grebnyovo estate was losing its original appearance. Its decorations and interiors were vanishing. In 1919 in its walls there was made a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that later was replaced by a technical secondary school of electron devices …
There were made repeated attempts to restore the estate, but each time something prevented it from being totally restored. Thus, for example, in 1991 the house suffered from the fire that left only burnt walls …
Only these stairs didn’t suffer from the fire
A view from the balcony, here was a wonderful apple garden and a path to the river …
Looking at the eastern outbuilding of the estate, together with the western one it was preserved much better than the main building.
Today it looks like this and it hardly makes sense to begin restoration again …