Airport As a Passenger Sees It

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 1

If you have flown by plane at least once you have probably been in an airport, in a waiting room, eaten buns in a local cafeteria… But have you ever been in a special  terminal of business aviation from where oligarchs fly away by their private planes?

You may come here either by car or bus …

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 2

or railway.

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 3

The central hall

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 4

One of the waiting rooms

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 5

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 6

Health team is on duty day and night

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 7

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 8

A room for mothers with children

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 9

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 10

Many people prefer to wrap the lugguge around to keep it clean

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 11

Check-in

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 12

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 13

One may take only hand lugguge to a plane

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 14

Oversized luggage check-in

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 15

Latecomers check-in

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 16

Inspection zone

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 17

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 18

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 19

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 20

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 21

If one has some spare time before a flight he/she may use the internet

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 22

or watch a movie in the DVD bar

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 23

or do some shopping

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 24

eat in a cafe

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 25

Welcome aboard!

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 26

Aerohotel – for those whose flight is delayed

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 27

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 28

Business room

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 29

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 30

The hall for official persons and delegations

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 31

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 32

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 33

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 34

You may even buy or rent a private plane

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 35

In such a case you’ll check-in in a special terminal

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 36

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 37

Here is more space and furniture is better

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 38

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 39

Briefing room for pilots

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 40

Inside a private plane

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 41

Airport As a Passenger Sees It 42

via sergeydolya

41 thoughts on “Airport As a Passenger Sees It”

• The lack of taste is striking. Even though Domodedovo is one of the most modern airports [compared to that Sheremetovo looks like a donkey’s stable] it still looks like it was build in the early 70s. Why don’t they hire a good designer ??

And people do not wrap their luggage to keep it clean, but to prevent theft – Russian airports are known for the quantity of luggage that gets stolen. Put a laptop in your suitcase and it will get stolen.

1. Nice doggie! Niiice doggie. That is a pretty nice looking dog. And I like the idea of wrapping my luggage. Haven’t seen that before.

2. If you want to fly, it’s a place you must endure. I like to get in and get out as quick as possible. Not sure about that last sentence….lol

3. Kirov is right about the luggage, they wrap it for security not for keeping it clean. I don’t really get this segment the airport looks like most any other in the world. Its about average but the best in Russia.

• re: they wrap it for security not for keeping it clean

No, you are quite wrong here. Many Russian people prefer to wrap own luggage for the safe because transportation system may damage of suitcase edges when traveling. i know it exactly.

• No true at all! Russians are wrapping their luggage to show that they can afford it. The most rich Russians wrap their lugagge even three time!

• probably also true!!!! The silliness of average russian is numbing.

Overheard a lady proclaim in fur shop: if I was an animal I would be happy that I would be beaten to death and my fur would be used to keep a nice girl like myself warm!!!!!

4. I really like DME.. spent there hours 😉 its really nice and i prefer it over Sheremetievo…. but at Sheremetievo II is a nice TGI Fridays which helpt me to fill my stomach))

• I really like DME and I love TACAN, but you have to admit, GNSS is much easier. No slope distance, global coverage, etc etc.

oops, mybad

5. People wrap their baggage to prevent airport personal from opening it as I know. Thou I am surprised by those pictures, the airport must be rather new since I had quite negative impression of the one I been in few years back (Sher’emetevo)

6. “Many people prefer to wrap the lugguge around to keep it clean”

I think they want to keep the luggage free from fingerprints left by thieving luggage handlers! 😉

7. After studying this I thought it was very informative. I appreciate you taking the time to put this website piece collectively. I once once more uncover myself spending way to very much time both studying and commenting. What ever, it was still worth it

8. There is alot of touristinformation out there about Egypt, such as where to go Snorkeling in Hurghada and alot of other things. Just so much information and so little time 🙂

9. Wow, I missed going to airports… I want to fly again one day.. but this time to a different country..

But this is a long ways away.

10. Have you asked those flight attendants if you can use their image online? I fly for this particular airline and I can assure you they would not appreciate having their image placed on a website. It is not looked upon favorably by management.