33 thoughts on “Abandoned Locomotives”

1. I would have liked to have seen wider photos of the equipment, and not so much the “artsy” type photos, but nice anyway.

2. o_O

Ehy Vladimir Putin, it was just a reply for the lulz.

If i laugh about russian’s train, it doesn’t mean that i don’t respect Russian culture.

If you didn’t notice that, we’re just talking about trains. No need flame mate. (Except if you are a train’s driver) Lol

• Komrade, don’t knock the Long Island Railroad, you are upsetting me. However, I do not consider it a cultural insult, so you are safe. If you want a cultural insult just look and see what word “Putin” means in the french language, no, you won’t find it in Rosetta Stone, lol.

3. I hope some people can get together and preserve those great locomotives, at least some of them. Future generations might like to see what great pieces of steam-driven machinery were produced before diesel came along.

• Friend, the whole country is full of abandoned equipment, just like in the military. When orders came to leave, everything was just left to rot or rust. Soviet people were lead around by the nose for years by a BS form of totalitarian government invented by Prof. Marx. When the old men were finally all dead, the next generation found itself unable (either morally or economically or both) to continue this charade. Now. you have returned to the incredible greed of pre-soviet days, a few rich, many poor.

• Stéphane says:
      May 14, 2010 at 10:04 am

Personally, i restore old italian scooters Vespa …
      But i cannot imagine restore this kind of train ! 🙂
      Can you imagine the work ? :)))

Can be done. No problem. Just some people and some money.

4. Personally, i restore old italian scooters Vespa …
    But i cannot imagine restore this kind of train ! 🙂
    Can you imagine the work ? :)))
    S.

5. Russia had some of the most impressive and beautiful steam locomotives ever built. I would love to see these magnificent machines restored to their former glory

• Have you seen it yet?The rest of the world has.Maybe you can find Michael Jackson, a boy, and a train somewhere on youtube LOL.

6. When I was a little kid there was a park with 2 steam engines at its entrance.I climbed all over them.Now the park is a Ford dealership.Those engines look too beat up to be in a park.

7. Hey there, I searched for this blog on Google and just wanted to say thanks for the excellent read. I would have to agree with it, thank you again!

8. As a matter of interest my company bought a P36 steam locomotive which was in silmilar condition to 0058 in the above photographs. It was restored in St Petersburg in 2001 and has hauled a number of our trains since then, covering about 25,000 miles. See
    http://www.gwtravel.co.uk/special_features.php?id=37 and
    http://w.parovoz.com/newgallery/pg_view.php?ID=75276&LNG=EN#picture for photo.

9. I’d need to verify with you here. Which is not one thing I normally do! I get pleasure from reading a submit that can make folks think. Also, thanks for permitting me to remark!