75 thoughts on “Russian Countryside Assorted”

• Looks like you’re a paid Pakistani propagandist to create a rift between the decades-old friendship existing between the Russian (including all former Soviet Union states) and Indian people. No Indian would ever make that remark. I’ve been reading almost all of these pages and I see that you’re on every page taking pain to sow your hatred of Russia in the guise of an Indian identity. You’re fake, an agent provocateur only to malign Indians who love everything about Russians and other former USSR states and its peoples. Nobody is going to buy your poison. Just stay away from these columns.

1. The original pictures are quite nice from a content, perspective, and framing point of view, but the overprocessing with Photoshop on many (or most) of them makes them look unreal.

• Me tooooo!i would love to move there…i just wonder,where do i get started!?so much betteer than this world of sin ‘western countrys’.

2. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures of the Russian countryside. I really like each one of them! I am speechless… Gracias from Spain

3. Can anyone tell me what those are in #22, they look like mounds of hay with sticks on top, is this a pic from the Shire? Very beautiful scenes, a far cry from may day parades in Moscow!

4. Pingback: “Got Honey?”
  5. But he isn’t a photo-reporter, he is a photo-ARTIST. The difference is, the reporter shows things as they are, without any change, and the artist — the way he SEES ‘em or WANTS ‘em to be. The Art isn’t a lie, it is a work of IMAGINATION.

It is presented as depicting reality. Nowhere it is mentioned this is ‘art’ or a work of imagination.

I think the photographer got carried away a bit and polished his photo’s a tad too much. The result is false nostalgia and postcard aesthetics. Making poverty look romantic.

6. Pingback: Photos from Russia « a sad waste of brains
  7. HDR…? so what? Most of them are done with good taste, perhaps the “cat on the well”-picture is overdone.

Great series.

8. That the old man in picture http://englishrussia.com/images/countryside_summer/30.jpg had been visiting finland…Plastic bag on a balcony says “Hyvää suomesta”, which means: “Good stuff from Finland”. He is also crafting some woodwork that is very famous around the Lapland. 🙂

9. mesmerizing!!

straight out of fairytales. like the ones I used to read in the magazine “misha” long time back.

Unfortunately, your country is getting more and more violent and uncivilized everyday. A non-white cannot enjoy the beauty of your country without worrying about his life.

10. Russian village is the place where you want to get back again and again and again, even if you were born in a big city, you will want to visit a village several times a year for a few days.

11. Pingback: Got milk? « Picture This
  12. Absolutely stunning pictures of Russian villages…again!! Thank you!! I thought I was the only one who wanted to move to a Russian village. Glad to hear there are others!

13. This is such a great resource that you simply are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing web pages that understand the value of providing a good quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine. Did you acquired a lot of links and I see plenty of trackbacks??

14. This is a unique WordPress theme, exactly where did you get it? I am always in search of a very good theme to employ on my weblog.

15. Absolutely beautiful scenes. Unbelievably perfect. Only Russia has such magnificent views of nature. We in India have always wondered how Russian winter would look like and whether we could survive in there even for a week. Congrats for nice photos.

16. amazing pictures….mind blowing fantastic thank u so muchhhh……foe whoever has taken this pictures,ilove rusia so much its my love country,im from india and its my first visit to russia on this 26 th of may,im so excited….urrrrrraaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh