56 thoughts on “False ATM Prank”

1. Why you think its fake? This method is also very popular in UK and in fact throughout Europe. However, I would think russian gangs might have something to do with that as well 🙂

• Yes AMRO is Dutch, but Banco Real is a Brazilian institution (bought by AMRO) and I don’t think they have offices elsewhere neither if a “general” Banco Real card would work in any AMRO. What it’s doing in Russia is still a mistery.

Although the real “brand” of the card is VISA, they just have the bank’s name in there more as an advertising for the banks than anything, except when you can use the card with the associated bank account, some banks do that as well.

• That card is definitely fake… sure Banco Real is Brazilian and owned by the Dutch ABN Amro, but it’s not how a real ABN Amro VISA card would look like. I know because I have one.

• In Canada we now have special devices that make mounting card readers nearly impossible. The machines accept the card at a very slow speed to prevent any other devices from reading the strip.

Other then that ATM fraud is still happens here, often through online banking or point of sale terminals at places like petrol stations.

• It doesn’t matter in which order the numbers on the buttons are, it’s about which buttons got pressed and thát information will be used.

2. It’s a common scam also in Italy, usually made by romanians: they’re expert in this “business”!
    Sometimes they are able to install some big fake bankomats to cheat the people! It’s like a movie’s gag, but I swear it’s real!

3. It’s not a fake. I’ve got my card cancelled after i used cash-machine with this device. No money was stolen though :). Guess they was aiming for bigger fish.

4. Copying card information via ATM add-ons for fraud is common world-wide. I know of no reason to think that it’s mostly Romanians doing it.

Brazilian card indicates it’s real. If someone wanted to make a fake-up of something like that, they’d use a Russian card to go along with all that Cyrillic writing. It’s real, for some value of `real’.

But what we see is a modification of the keyboard, one assumes to capture the PIN. Where’s the piggy-back mag strip reader?

As for mixing up the 2 and 6 – well, that might be an attempt by the `pranksters’ to avoid trouble if they’re traced. Maybe they’d claim that no-one could use this device in an illegal fashion because it’s so obviously wrong? Stranger thoughts have passed through heads.

5. These have been around in the US for years.

They also have little taps that can be put inside the machines and record the data by induction from the signal wires.

They’ve even had guys who built entire fake ATM machines stocked with real $20 bills and placed them in high end mall food courts to collect rich people’s bank info for $20 a pop.

6. I think this skimming device its a real who is the seller i like to buy this stuff bot only face to face the deal send me the price on my email and the contact or mesanger.

7. i really want to buy your skimming device please contact me on my email i’m from romania we are neighbours so don’t forget about me. i send you my best regards Constantin

8. Im searching to buy skimmers, reply or contact me. Care aveti sau cunoasteti pt scule de vanzare sa citeasca intrerupt cum sunt astea de mai sus ? lasati si voi un mesaj

9. Im searching to buy a skimmer like this or similar, reply or email. Care stiti sau aveti de vanzare scule ca astea sa citeasca intrerupt? Lasati si voi un mail sau msg.

10. Bay care are ma scule pt atm din grecia..? tastatura ceva se poate face la comanda sau daca nu, skimmeru macar pentru anuminte modele..!caraman_cosmin@hotmail.com pretu’ nu este o problema

11. The CARD is definattely REAL. I have mine in hands and just compared..
    ABN AMRO is DUTCH, bought REAL BANK (Banco Real) and last year Spanish Santander bought the Abn Amro Real Bank, in Brazil.

Russian are well know for hacking Brazilian systems… I wouldn’t be surprised if this very card was shipped from Brazil to “mother-russia” by some croc…

12. Romanians you should be ashamed of yourselves. You gypsys..you say you are discriminated but how can anyone except anything better from you when you always act like thieves? You make life hell for your sisters and brothers that actually want to lead a life without crime.

13. I have bought bluetooth skimmer from “skimmer” alias daniel.dany3l@yahoo.com . If you are sick and tired to be ripped by scammers then this is a person who you can trust. Thank you daniel.dany3l
    PS: Hes website is: http://www.creditcard.populiser.com

14. pt.jegoasa de MARINA care a uitat ca e romanca sii e rusine cu descendentza ei.tigan poate e mata sau tactu taranca imputita nci macar nai curajul sa scrii romaneste ,te ascumzi dupa citeva cuvinte in engleza pe care le ai tradus pe net.ce mai nationalista

15. I also bought atm gsm skimmer with the latest technology called pin by sound from a guy from Romania….his email is tmsr206@aol.com. Just contact this guy…and talk with him…it really worth.