Once in McDonalds 2

cats in russian mcdonalds

On the May 1st, 2007 a group of young men entered one of McDonalds fast-foods in Moscow with a few dark bags. Nobody knew that in a few minutes they would take out of these bags a few cats and would start throwing these cats throughout the counter inside the McDonalds kitchen shouting “Free cashier”. A few minutes later police arrived and arrested them together with a few cats as a clue for investigation.

This is the only photo from that event, it is not photoshop or something. People who participated in this didn’t belong to any “no-meat-eaters” or “anti global corporations” movements, and indeed they were not from the “no-animal-cruelty” society. They are artists from an underground movement and have done it as the pure act of art.

59 thoughts on “Once in McDonalds 2”

• not funny nor is it thought provoking. Add to that cats being abused and what is accomplished. If they would have came in with paint, that would be another story…

• true. They call it art, but in fact it’s just them fancying a laugh or playing the fool.

The standards for calling something ‘art’ *really* need to be raised.

Some guy here: http://www.artrageous.ro/blog/ summed it up pretty well. Second post down.

1. Бедные котеги. Я бы этих долбоёбов-артистов сам перебросил через кассу.

• Throwing cats does no harm for them, they can take a few feet of air time.. That’s not nearly as bad as a Finnish artist who made a video piece of killing a cat that he had got from animal protection house.

2. It would have been more artistic if they layed down a canvas next to a tall building, and jump upon it from 15 stories up or so.

3. Throwing cats must be fun, everyone knows they land on their feet anyway and they are very tough.

Personally I support this group for their excellent idea to throw cats. Next I will join them and throw cats at traffic.

• Chingau,

“Throwing cats must be fun” – no comment. Where do you live? Where do you come from? I do not wonder at it if you support this “idea”. In Asia isn’t tradition of animal protect. Any of modern countries as much their values as deal with theirs animals and environments.

• Hey, come on. Cats are degenerate creatures held in high regard by lonely old ladies and sensitive boys that kiss other boys. How many do you own?

• Are you a bull or a strong man…, because you be able hurt a small cat? Who is the degenerate? Why don’t you attack to a tiger or another big cat? Because you are a faint-hearted person a hang-dog from china. How many do you own?

• Listen, sensitive boy, I will keep this short because I know you are getting ready for the drag queen show and your makeup must take a long time.

Like I said earlier cats are tough, that’s what makes them fun. They jump from trees and very tall houses and land on the ground with no problem and run away. You think some person tossing them 6 feet through the air will injure them?

Ok that’s enough, finish your lipstick and tell your mom upstairs I said hello.

• My mother is dead. I live in a one storied flat with my wife and two children. I think that is not a big behavior to throwing cats. Put your knifes, and guns down and go home.

4. I wonder if there were any American tourists inside when that happened…What would they think of Russia after? lol.

• The McDonalds in Fairbanks, AK, USA, has a house next to it with an effigy of Ronald McDonald hanging from a noose.

5. This is weirdly brutal. That people would be able to find cats to throw around is surprising, let alone doing it in the name of art. But it’s also strange that this should be tagged “funny”.

Were Russians always like this, or did you become brutalised with the end of communism?

6. You may have a valid point especially when one considers the terrible violence towards a family of dogs in China last week. A crowd of people lit a dog and it’s puppies on fire because they barked. The police didn’t even do anything about it.

7. I know a couple of russian artists. I’ll have to say each society has it’s own sense of art. I’m not sure I understand the nuances of Art in russia, nor the USA. This seems like some punks who just wanted to get some attention.

Now if you had released say 5 Pit Bulls to chase the cats and watch the whole place get demolished, that would be art! LOL

Elrich

8. That is not true, what happens is that jealousy of having Russia because Russia has always been the best throughout the first i!
    To say that you have to haver visited Russia, but do not have a clue how it is in reality!

9. you guys are making a bigger deal out of this than needed. the cats were not hurt.
    lol anyone seen family guy? yea its a cartoon in AMERICA
    where peter killed quagmire’s cat.