Some Daily Photos

russian car

Sometime before we had assorted daily posts consisting of not connected to each other pics. This post is something like another way to start this “daily” posts which probably would be not so daily but still regular.

Today just a few pics devoted to the cars in Russia and ex-USSR countries.

On the picture above you can see how some Russian people store their cars on the balconies.
russian car

And how it is easy to transport one car inside of another if there is enough of man power.
russian car

And some use it to carry horses. This one is from Georgia.

sumbitted by our readers

23 thoughts on “Some Daily Photos”

1. That last picture is set up too well to not be comedy. It’s just so crisp, no noise, no blur (so the car may not even be moving). Sure, this may have been achieved with fantastic lighting, but still…

That top picture is nice, I wonder what car that is.

If you take requests, I wanna see Moscow Metro again, I demand a new photo-series from the Underground!

Please?

2. OMG! I’ve seen people take 5 people, a dog, some furniture and 6 chickens in one of those little cars before, but never a horse! 😀 So funny!

I’m really curious as to how they got that car on the balcony too!

3. How does a person manage to get his car on what appears to be a 3rd floor balcony? What does he have to do when he has to go to work or to the grocery store?

4. Looking at the photos it looks like those flats have a through the wall heat pump or air conditioner. They are no where near the size needed to keep those flats comfortable. They have got to be loud too.

5. I see a lot of opportunity in the photo of the flats. I bet I could increase the comfort level in entire building while reducing the energy consumption by 50% with about $200. That would yield a payback in 6-12 months!

6. What a peacefull little pony that is. It’s probably used to being transported like this.

And I think the picture is genuine : the shadows of the rail on the right and the car, the horse in the car, the bright sunlight, it all matches. I’m a Photoshop teacher myself, so I can claim some insight in these matters.. 😉

7. Someone find out that guys phone number with the car on his balconi. I’ll call and find out he got it up there and report back.

8. @Texas1
    You have just been introduced to Soviet era architecture\design. Note that most of these buildings were built very quickly with the minimum of materials necessary since there was a deficit of products in the 1980’s (except in Moscow and St.Petersburg-to impress the tourists).

9. Many people also store their scooters and motorcycles inside their apartments. Because storing them outside is practically like giving them away for free. So people put them inside the elevators vertically to get them upstairs. Or they use special freight elevators (in some buildings).

On a low budget and with high crime rates in the country you’ll get creative one way or another.