According to its director, this museum is one of the most popular museums in the St. Petersburg Region. It is located in Osinovets Village and is called 'The Museum of the Road of Life'. The Road of Life was the ice road transport route across the frozen Lake Ladoga, which provided the only access to the besieged city of
Leningrad in the winter months during 1941–1944 while the perimeter in the siege was maintained by the German Army. The siege lasted for 29 months from 8 September 1941, to 27 January 1944. Over one million citizens of Leningrad died from starvation, stress, exposure and bombardments.