In 1957, Leonud Kupriyanovich received a copyright certificate for "radiophone" - an automatic radio telephone with a direct line. Through an automatic telephone station this unit could be connected to any subscriber of a telephone network
within the coverage area of the "radiophone" transmitter. At that time it was the first valid set of radio telephony equipment, demonstrating the principle of the "radiophone". It was named after the inventor, LC-1 .