Trifonov Pechenga Monastery of the Russian Orthodox Church is situated in the Murmansk region of Russia. It was founded in 1533 by a reverend Trifon of Pechenga, in the place where the Mana river flowed into the Pechenga river, however later, in 1548, it was relocated to a place more convenient for trade.
The monastery has a long and difficult history: it was attacked by the Finnish forces, set on fire and relocated again. Its final incarnation occurred in 1997. Today it holds relics of 116 martyrs who were killed in the monastery in 1589 by the Finns - subjects of the Swedish king.