This is a general view of Balaklava Bay, the Black Sea. Under this mountain in the middle there is an armoury, a channel, and a service, repair and equipment base for submarines. It had been built since 1957 until 1961 by military men, who were later accompanied by specialists in underground construction. It is also an anti-radiation shelter for 3000 people. The maximum width of the
rocky ground is 126 meters. The channel has a length of 505 meters, a width of 6-8.5 meters and a depth of 6-8.5 meters. The base became abandoned in 1995 and in 2003 they opened a museum there, where they show the armoury and the channel, but the access to mines, torpedoes and the service, repair and equipment base remain closed for regular viewers.