The Mikhaylovka casemate artillery unit was built in the north of Sevastopol Bay. This construction has survived the Crimean War and the WWII. Recently it was turned into a museum. The unit had been built since 1843 to
1846. Its ourdoor walls are 1.8 meters thick. After the Crimean War it was a storage and in 1920 it was used as a training unit for artillerymen. During the WWII it was used as a strong point again.