Back in the mid 1950s there was made a decision in the USSR to develop new radar stations not as mobile, but stationary ones. It allowed to create big antennas, not to save on equipment and its dimensions,
and to protect this equipment from frost and heat. One of such radar stations was named Lena M or P-70. The station was built in 1960-68 for operation on the long frontiers of the country.
V-12 is the heaviest helicopter with the highest carrying capacity in the world. It was built in 1967 at the Moscow Helicopter Factory. In 1969 it set the world record of carrying capacity - 40 tons. V-12 was being developed as a heavy transport helicopter with carrying capacity exceeding thirty tons
for transportation of intercontinental ballistic missile components for strategic rocket forces whose position areas were at places without paved roads. This V-12 turned into a museum which is not so bad compared to destinies of many other great vehicles of the Soviet epoch.
Yaropolets village is often called Russian Versailles, and it could really be if itsmansion and its church would not be in a dilapidated condition. The Church of Our Lady of Kazan has an unusual and rare composition of two symmetric parts interconnected by a cross pass-through which
serves as a vestibule for the both parts. The northern part of Yaropolets belongs to the family of field marshal Z. Chernyshov, the marshal himself died in 1784 and was buried in another place but his remains were subsequently brought to the crypt of the church.