6 Female Face of the Soviet Epoch

Female Face of the Soviet Epoch

Posted on March 16, 2019 by team

So pretty natural faces and sincere smiles – Soviet women as they were in everyday life. Strong, weak, hard-working, caring, funny, overcoming, appreciating bright moments and breaking men’s hearts.

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

6 Responses to “Female Face of the Soviet Epoch”

1. Douglas says:

Most all of these women became someone’s mother. Bless them all.

2. Alper says:

I think picture 284 are actually German women during the 30’s

3. Doug says:

Beautiful photos of beautiful women :) when I was growing up in the west in the 1960s Soviet women were portrayed in the media either as babushkas or unattractive. We were subjected to intensive propaganda and it has started again in recent years. But I won’t be fooled again!

• Lumpy Gravy says:

… to quote Pete Townshend :-). But I agree. I also remember how all through the 50s, 60s 70s… western press and TV piled lies upon lies upon lies about the USSR, how they twisted and perverted every last positive bit about the country and its peoples into the opposite … a Russian woman winning an Olympic medal therefore had to be a doped monster, deep voice, beard growth, and did anybody check what’s in her panties? It was disgusting. I also remember all those jokes that were spread by the media about Russian technology, about Russian women driving tractors etc. etc. And behind it all? … the deep-seated fear of the 0.1%, who own practically everything in the capitalist world, that working people might recognize in the USSR a more equitable and humane model for human society. That’s all. With a bit of luck the whole capitalist shit-house will come down sooner or later, hopefully not taking all life on our planet with it.

4. Tamer abdel dayem says:

So much unjustice was done to the Russian people in the 20th century…. respect to all good Russians.

5. unclemymy says:

Yes, Doug – remember the “fashion show” advertisement with all the frumpy babushkas in military clothing and combat boots? They didn’t want us to know the truth – as soon as I found out, I married a beautiful Russian woman for myself.