14 Russian Tu-22 Has Crashed [video]

Russian Tu-22 Has Crashed [video]

Posted on January 27, 2019 by tim

Screenshot at Jan 27 18-04-41

Russian supersonic bomber – Tu-22 M “Backfire” crashed in Murmansk this weekend (or it was on Friday morning) and the crash was filmed on cam by the person on the ground..

Crew of three have sadly died.

Subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter to stay updated for the new posts. Also we have many more stories to explore below:

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

14 Responses to “Russian Tu-22 Has Crashed [video]”

1. RB says:

I only saw the beginning of the video, with the horrific weather. The brave pilots risking everything every day. May they rest in peace and love to their families.

2. Mike says:

It must be one of those invincible and unstoppable weapons that Putin keeps threatening the rest of the world with.

3. Mike says:

As a pilot I see it differently. Smart pilots (and traffic controllers) divert to an airport with less severe weather conditions and precision approach aids. Such an alternate and IFR fuel reserves are mandatory. Don’t know how the glorious and invincible Russian aviation conducts itself, but obviously things did not work out for them in this case.

• Darius Plausinaitis says:

I suspect that in some cases this could be part of the regular training to land such plane in difficult weather conditions (which might be quite usual at the given airport). But news release do not mention any training, just that the plane was returning to its base.

4. E says:

Why did the camera man look so chilled?
    If they were American it would have been OMG OMG OMG HOLY F****** SH**

• Darius Plausinaitis says:

From the voice tone and the things he said I think he was aware that something bad could happen, given these landing conditions. After crash you can here him say, most likely on radio or a phone: “Yes, they have crashed (in a confirming tone) … Shall I go the plane (to the people in the plane)?”

5. Jim Beam says:

Looks like hard landing (descend rate too high). I wonder, was it pilot error or plane malfunction. I guess we’ll never learn the full story.

6. Maurizio says:

To those who write stupid polemics, I would like to say that they are soldiers who execute orders. They did not kill anyone. Go back to your big mac.

7. Horse says:

God bless them, and their families, friends, and comrades.

Soldiers are soldiers the world over. We may have to face each other in combat, but deep inside we are all Brothers, and Sisters.

Rest in Peace my Brothers.
    Your struggles are over.

8. Steve Paterson says:

Looked like a bumpy landing, but it also looks like the apparatus for restraining the nose cone failed. Surely there is a positive stop or failsafe system.