6 Ultrasonic Airliner on Display – A Rare Sight

Ultrasonic Airliner on Display – A Rare Sight

Posted on November 7, 2018 by tim

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

6 Responses to “Ultrasonic Airliner on Display – A Rare Sight”

1. Xavier says:

I get into it in a museum in germany : Technik Museum Sinsheim

There are a Concord and Tu144 on top of the museum, its stunning because you can get inside.

2. Rob says:

Would love to see the bird refurbished and With four New Saturn AL-31 engines to get the fuel consumption Down.

• Lumpy Gravy says:

The bird had so many issues that a completely new development would be a better idea. But then again … who needs civilian airliners that go supersonic? It’s nuts.

• Cat says:

You’ve obviously never flown from LA to Melbourne AU … 17 hours in a plane, imagine that cut in half.

• Lumpy Gravy says:

Gimme a ticket for an aeroplane
          Ain’t got time to take a fast train …

… those were the days (Box Tops, 1967). Thankfully, we’ve all learned a bit since. We now know that in the long run a ticket for an aeroplane won’t get us anywhere as it destroys the earth’s atmosphere and jeopardizes our survival on this planet. A few years later (1982) Donald Fagen sang in “I.G.Y” about our insane optimism in future technology and our addiction to speed (“ninety minutes from New York to Paris”) … and of course he was right. In my opinion the whole planet has to slow down, not only speed-wise but in all its frenzied activities like the exploitation of nature and its resources, trade, travel etc. Why does everything have to be “high-speed” these days?

Besides, non-stop long haul flights as the one you describe represent a tiny fraction of the over all global passenger numbers. Should we really pour who knows how many tens of billions into the development of such a plane (I was being sarcastic when I suggested it), knowing full well in advance that such a plane will always gobble up much more fuel per passenger/mile than a conventional subsonic plane?

• Mistertheory says:

I guess you are entitled to your opinion. I don’t believe the damage claims (to the environment) of these airplanes. And yes, I am a trained aviation mechanic, so I am not a complete idiot, maybe just a partial idiot.