15 How they charge phones in Russian army [14 photos]

How they charge phones in Russian army [14 photos]

Posted on June 22, 2018 by tim

Smart phones are a necessity in our time. Everyone needs them, including soldiers of the Russian army. However, they do need charging and it’s kind of complicated in the army as the number of power outlets isn’t a match for the number of people needing to charge their phones. For this they have to become creative.

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

15 Responses to “How they charge phones in Russian army [14 photos]”

1. Douglas says:

Absolute ingenuity….boys desperate to keep in touch with their family and girlfriends back home.

2. Mike says:

Those phones are undoubtedly infested with monitoring programs by foreign spy agencies. How can Russian army allow this travesty?

3. Mike says:

Sad state of Russian military “high tech”.

4. Douglas says:

Mike:….The commanders do not allow the troops to carry their cellphones when they are on duty.
    When I was in the US military there were block long lines at the base pay phones. [ this was of course long before there were cellphones.]

5. kwhunter says:

In another article it is said that cell phones are banned in the Russian armed forces… so how come these phones be charged in the “Russian army”?!

• Douglas says:

I believe they were banned and then the ban was rescinded. The cell phones are currently only allowed to be used in the soldier’s free time.

• www says:

Most of these photos for 10 years or more. Nokia 6230 on the photo of the 2004 model. at that time the army was formed mostly by the general military duty of young men, now on a contract basis. Since that time much has changed in the army

• noname says:

In the russian army every Sunday the phone is allowed

6. Michael says:

These are obviously phones being charged in barracks and in field. So whether commanders allow them to carry them or not is kind of irrelevant. I suspect they have as much luck banning phones from troops as I have trying to limit my kids from using iPads for hours each day. I am sure troops are not allowed to drink either.

7. Muzzlehatch says:

Good way to start fires.

8. Lynne N. Leff says:

nice

9. Debra Apple says:

• Douglas says:

Debra….the troops are allowed to drink in their off hours and they even are allowed to have barracks parties with drinks on certain Holidays. How do I know this? I’ve seen it with my own eyes.