13 All MiG Airplanes Explained [43 photos]

All MiG Airplanes Explained [43 photos]

Posted on June 7, 2018 by tim

MiG – fully named as “Russian plane building corporation MIG”. Is a full spectre air plane building company in Russia and previously in USSR. And here is a collection of their products throughot the times. Starting with a I-250 airplane at top.

I-250 or MiG-13 was a first Soviet fully metal high speed fighter plane. Only 28 of these planes were built.

I-270 an experimental airplane from MiG with a.. rocket engine. Made its first flight in 1947.

13 Responses to “All MiG Airplanes Explained [43 photos]”

1. Mike says:

Mig 35 is NOT by any stretch of imagination a Gen. 5 stealth plane. It is a desperate bid by Mig to find a buyer, otherwise company will likely go under. Unless government takes over.

2. Douglas says:

The MiG 35’s only buyer with deliveries seems to be the Egyptian air force. They bought several dozen and plan to keep them until 2060. No, its not stealth. More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_MiG-35

3. Mau says:

When I saw Top Gun fil for the first time, I was fascinated by those black fighters with the red star. I started my research and realized that the real MiGs (and Sukhoi, Tupolev, Mil, Kamov, etc. etc.) were even more elegant than those F-5 colored in glossy black. Since then … only a passion that has not stopped for about 30 years.

4. Jethro says:

MiG 1.44 – Not very stealthy with all those rivets! Nice pictures though!

• Ball Breaker says:

MiG 1.44? A plane that wasn’t produced? LOL.

Better check the Sukhoi SU-57. Don’t be lazy, google it.

You’ll LOVE the pics, boy.

5. Mike says:

SU-57 is obsolete, far behind Gen. 5 American planes, way to expensive for what it offers, many bugs and untested features even after many years of development, this comes even from Russian sources.

• Ball Breaker says:

….”SU-57 is obsolete, far behind Gen. 5 American …”. –LOL. According to whom? You?

—“The analysis that I have seen on the Sukhoi indicates a pretty sophisticated design that is at least equal to, and some have said even superior to U.S. fifth-generation aircraft,” former U.S. Air Force intelligence chief Lt. Gen. Dave Deptula told the National Interest …”—

And now, cry some more…

. “It certainly has greater agility with its combination of thrust vectoring, all moving tail surfaces, and excellent aerodynamic design, than does the F-35.”

“Performance-wise it certainly looks to compete with the Raptor,” one senior military official with extensive experience on U.S. fifth-generation fighters told the National Interest .

• A. Webber says:

LOLZ
      ‘Mike’, if you wanted to, somehow, feel better this morning about yourself, I guess you’ll have to try something else… If that’s why you’re here, of course.

=D