9 Typical Soviet Apartments Interiors [photos]

Typical Soviet Apartments Interiors [photos]

Posted on May 2, 2018 by tim

Just a collection of the typical interiors you could see if going to someone’s home in Soviet Union. Some of those apartments haven’t been changed since then and still have that feel.

Subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter to stay updated for the new posts. Also we have many more stories to explore below:

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

9 Responses to “Typical Soviet Apartments Interiors [photos]”

1. aldebaran says:

Is it any different today?!

2. Douglas says:

Still today there are no wasted rooms. The Western custom of a living and dining room are almost always a bedroom at night. The more affluent in 2018 often have a separate bedroom. Times have changed since the ubiquitous Khrushchyovka…which have become the dreary Khruschoba.

3. patricia says:

i’m depressed just looking at the pictures

• R says:

Well dear, I bet you get depressed looking at yourself in the mirror too. Take your meds and hopefully you can remove head from arse.

4. Stan says:

Love the cosyness, my flat in Norwich, England still very much has THAT feel.. wouldn’t change it for the world, I even have a hugeee picture rug from Germany if bears and cubs in woods

• R says:

Obviously unlike many others you do not need 5000 square feet of living space to falsely make yourself feel better and/or important. I bet you enjoy every minute of your life.

5. RB says:

Russians are very resourceful and I love everything about Russia except they drive kinda crazy. I mean after watching a pedestrian say a quick prayer he literately walked across a pedestrian crossing without looking at all the cars. He crossed by faith because even at cross walks some cars don’t slow down. Other then that I would love to visit lol.

• Douglas says:

RB…Iv’e noticed that many Russians feel that life is subject to fate, bad luck and good-luck. If bad things happen, the State will take care of them. Its a strange sort of dependent child-like attitude. Others see the folly of this and take charge of their life.