14 Russian Snacks That Should Probably Be Sold Worldwide

Russian Snacks That Should Probably Be Sold Worldwide

Posted on May 15, 2017 by tim

russiansnacks

This is a small selection of eight traditional Russian fast food snacks that you probably won’t find elsewhere, and that’s a big pity, as they could be easily appreciated and enjoyed by people of many other nations.

18094860_1666140247024434_2417066878175281152_n

First – sausage rolls. We realize that these can sometimes be bought elsewhere besides Russia, but still they have not spread worldwide.

14 Responses to “Russian Snacks That Should Probably Be Sold Worldwide”

1. eld ing says:

We have the pickle flavored chips here in the USA to include the sausage rolls called “pigs in a blanket”. Lol

2. Douglas says:

Many Russians have unusual tastes. One of my Ru friends likes to eat a whole jar of pickled tomatoes and then he drinks the pickle juice from the jar…..all of it at one time.

3. Hans Peter Smallegoor says:

The Dutch eat raw herring with fresh onions, sometimes on buns with pickles.

4. Fifield says:

We have dill pickle Lays in Canada Too.

5. sszzrr says:

Spirit with cucumber flavor is good for cocktail,expecially with vodka.

6. p51d007 says:

Here in America, Lays has some REALLY strange flavors. We do have the dill pickle flavor chips, along with: Bacon Mac & Chedar, Cheesy Garlic Bread, Chicken & Waffles, Spicy Ketchup, Kettle cooked Wasabi & Ginger,
    Mango Salsa, Srircha, BLT flavor (not bad),Southern Biscuits and Gravy
    Orange Juice & Toothpaste (I do NOT understand that!)

7. Jessica says:

I compared russian recipe for pickled herring, its used sugar just as in nordic countries. Man difference being russian recipe has no salt, just sugar.

8. Tutan Camon says:

Her Ring with onion is the king of snacks!With 0,5 liters of vodka…….

9. Joe says:

“Pigs in a blanket” are NOT sausage wrapped in bacon. Sausage in pastry, similar to the Russian version although not wrapped pastry like in the photo. Made that way more than 100 years, origin UK, and found everywhere on earth british subjects have migrated.

Dill Pickle chips originated in Canada; around for 50 years, same with Ketchup flavour. Another unusual chip flavour not found elsewhere is Onion & Garlic. The other chip flavour that is very old in Canada is Sour Cream & Onion.

10. Dee Deforest says:

In the U.S. we have pigs in a blanket which are hot dogs wrapped in cresent rolls which look really similar…we also have dill pickle chips…we also have Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk but normally we bake with it…I’ve never eaten it straight from the can? We also take old bread (rye, wheat, white, etc) and bake and then use as croutons for salads or soups. Picked herrings are common on bagels with cream cheese…I don’t think I can think of anything to compare to the chopped soup though?

11. Jesper krog says:

Here in Denmark, we have the Heering, sausage rolls (which we call sausage horns), the condenced milk is also available here. Rye bread crackers are also commonly available here.

12. Neal says:

there used to be a little Russian deli down the street where I lived in Sacramento called “Moscow Market”. Nothing but Russian food and beer. Forget it Germany, Russian beer is the best by FAR!

I would buy a half pound (about .25kg) of these little 2″ long dried fish. They were hard as a rock, but most have eggs in them. I would watch football, while eating these fish, and drinking Baltika #5 beer! I would also buy a big jar of those pickled tomatoes, slice them up, and eat with the “spiced pork fat”, and Baltica $9.

The Russian owner and I became good friends, and he actually got me some “Hakarl” from Iceland. WHEWWW! Smells like ammonia, but tastes much better than it smells… GREAT with Russian beer!

13. Neal says: