9 Abandoned Chukotka

Abandoned Chukotka

0_8e9dc_f1b5ff69_origGoing to the edge of Russia, I imagined something of that kind. Life here is really difficult, and in Chukotka you start believing that the climate prevents from building roads and normal existence of the cities: no stone or wood, no main building materials.

In the 1990s and 2000s, people began to leave that small region, leaving behind abandoned towns and villages.

I advise nature lovers to go to Chukotka, but I didn’t really like it: the low hills with grass. Tundra is rather boring spectacle. From wild animals I have met only a family of three cranes have sat down to rest.

Chukotka Autonomous District has long been completely closed: even now there is the border area, and upon arrival the officers even check passports. The area is very close to Alaska, 600-700 kilometres long, but walking or transport ride is impossible. Militaries in Chukotka left a notable legacies: nearly all abandoned places still belonged to the Ministry of Defence. The barrels are former warehouse of the combustive and lubricating materials in the vicinity of Anadyr Airport.

Anadyr estuary divides the entire district into two parts: actually, the city of Anadyr on one side, on the other is a Coal Mine and a dozen of abandoned towns of different safety and distance.

9 Responses to “Abandoned Chukotka”

1. zach says:

I used to visit this site every single day and spend hours and hours viewing pages. Since you have gotten greedy and make people look at on or 2 pictures at a time and constantly click for ads and more money I have moved on came here to see if it had changed and it hasn’t RIP English Russia one of my formerly favorite sites that I never ever visit anymore

• Pom2Ter says:

Boo fucking hoo crybaby much? do like most of us do and get a fucking subscription you cheap hobo… It’s less than 2$ and you’ll get everything on one page… if you can’t buy one then good… one less greedy bastard…

• Douglas says:

Yes, it was like $8 and he lowered it to $2. Seems reasonable to me. [He also offered it for Free if you could not afford it at $8.]

• Cover me, Prokins! says:

LOLZ!
        Well said, ‘Pom2Ter’.

• Z says:

Pay all the pointless money you want bitch, im not getting ripped off. If there were about 10 per page it wouldbe ok but it is nowhere near cool. Some people dont wanna fool with paying some greedy dude when you can just see them elsewhere. This site used to be the best now others are.

• Pom2Ter says:

That’s good, so we expect not to hear from you again then?
          Stop whining and fuck off you cheap son of a bitch… You could even ask for a free account and you continue to bitch, I guess even doing the effort of writing an email is too much for your lazy ass… what a fucking douchebag…

2. Douglas says:

Lovely quiet village. I can have whole apartment building to myself. Fresh air…no dirty trees… just beautiful emerald green tundra. Chukotka…home sweet home.

3. z says:

Well I would have asked for one if I could find anyone to contact I don’t have pay pal or a credit card and wont be getting one just for this site. I would gladly give the dude 2 bucks if I could just hand it to him but I can’t get a card because of my score and I dont have any way to get the money online so I am here. I miss this site but Whatever I patronize others no. Also fuck you bunch of pricks I see the userbase hasn’t improved. Other than the bullshit clickbait design good content