26 The hell of Russian hospitals

The hell of Russian hospitals

Posted on August 3, 2016 by Andrey

Despite the fact that the Government constantly reports about allocations of considerable amounts for the reforms in health care, the situation with our hospitals remains the same. In the regions, most hospitals are in a terrible condition, the conditions of patients care may be called critical, and the quality of the provided services is far from perfect. Next, we propose to have a look at the photos that show more clearly what is happening in our hospitals.

Kislovodsk, July 2016. Central City Hospital, Department of Surgery. A ward for patients after surgery

Elektrostal, 40 km from the Moscow Beltway. October 2015. Central City Hospital, Department of Children’s Infectious Diseases

Prokhladny, Kabardino-Balkaria. February 2015. City Hospital, Department of Infectious Diseases

Bratsk, October 2014. City Children’s Hospital, Department of Surgery

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

26 Responses to “The hell of Russian hospitals”

1. gopnik_slopnik says:

This site western propagonda. Store have much vodka. Not end of world.

2. tom bauer says:

moral = don’t get ill in russia

3. Douglas says:

The oligarchs of Russia all have 100 million dollar yachts. I was told that Socialism provides wonderful healthcare to everyone for free. Things look a bit different in these recent photos.
    My friend went to a clinic in Moscow in 2011 and his stomach was stitched up with furniture upholstery thread. The Dr. said that was all they had.

4. Dan Savage says:

I lived in Kazan for several years and had may friends who were doctors and medical professionals. Never once I see anything close to whats posted here.

• Papa Karlo says:

Kazan is very big. I had relatives who were treated in Tatarskiy Obkom KPSS hospital (near Chekhkovskiy rynok), that was one story. This hospital is surrounded by a tall wall and to get there you had to get through a checkpoint, so no ordinary citizen could ever get inside.

And I know women who gave birth in Kazan’s poselok Derbyshki, and it was very similar to these pictures – cockroaches everywhere, 12 people in one room etc.

Now, ask your friends how during the elections their patients are told to vote for the ruling party, and threatened not to be treated properly if they do not vote. This is I am afraid is common for all hospitals in Tatarstan, no matter if the conditions there are good or bad.

• Jack says:

My cousins in Petersburg told me that Hospitals need to be better, but they haven’t been in one like this. Probably because it’s a big city. As patients, they are not (and can’t be) forced to vote for anybody. So, in that regard, I guess you’re only writing mostly rubbish,

• Rashomon says:

Our friend “Karlo” loves to write fantasies (or rubbish) in every post, as long these fit his irrational hatred. Nothing new with this kid.

5. Vijay says:

Thanks for this amazing blog in pictures. Thanks for sharing the truth.
    Vital for all to know. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to more
    such true and reality blogs in pictures.

6. Knight2 says:

Khanty-Mansijsk Autonomous District makes 90 billion a year? Yet they have hospitals that look this way? And the main director makes 150K a year to run it? Very sad, something somewhere is very wrong.

7. Asmodeus says:

It will be interesting to know if the majority of Russian hospitals are like this. I don’t think so, but a word by a Russian (in Russia) will be appreciated

• Douglas says:

Recently a friend of mine was in hospital in Ufa, Republic of Bashkortostan. The photos he posted show a hospital essentially the same as we see in the photos above. Although it was a bit cleaner, the beds are identical. No modern hospital beds are seen. Just a simple metal bed with a thin foam mattress.

• monosodiumglutamate says:

Be grateful to Putin,you are living in “democratic Russia”.In Stalin era,Ill and medical unfit people direct send to Siberian holidays! ! ! ! ! !

• James S says:

This may not be the majority, but the fact that it is the case in at least one hospital (that is open and being used) is ridiculous. There are clearly parts of hosiptals similar to this in the UK (like maintenance dept and corridors in basement), but the patients would never go near those areas.

8. monosodiumglutamate says:

don`t complain,Ctalin still around ! ! ! ! ! !

9. mental says:

according to new scientifuc study,world best hospitals situated in Russia.

10. Frank says:

Socialism is great! It makes Russians are super tough, if they can survive their hospitals they can survive any thing. If you can outlive the cockroaches (who can outlive nuclear armageddon) what can possibly harm you?

11. Szawica49 says:

@Papa Karlo….I only know what I saw there in Kazan from my own experience.
    Of course, as a (retired) medical professional working in radiology in the U.S for over 40 years, by comparison I do now that a lot of improvements could be made in some but not all Russian hospitals. In all fairness, this report showed only the worst. There are no perfect places because there are no perfect people.

12. Szawica49 says:

@Papa Karlo….I only know what I saw there in Kazan from my own experience.

13. Ben says:

This is how every society is when some have live with much more greed than most others. Yet, in some western civilisations you wont get in without insurance. Designate one Oligarch to a couple of hospitals to fully restore them to todays standards and capacity and finally pay taxes and keep the staate in a less corrupt order…

14. Kent_Diego says:

It is in poor repair. Still, if it was closed down what are the reasonably priced alternatives? They built a billion dollar hospital near me. The admitting atrium was custom designed with plants and beautiful murals and statues. I recently went to the emergency room there. Took 6 hours to see me for 15 minute visit. I was fine. Bill was over $2000.

15. Douglas says:

The hospital beds shown here are from the year 1900.

16. Douglas says:

If you want pay some money, you can go to very nice modern hospital. Pictured here are the ‘free’ state run places.