21 Soviet Student Party 1967

Soviet Student Party 1967

Posted on April 29, 2016 by tim

If you have ever wondered how Soviet students partied, what they looked like, if they really had fun, and other things like that fifty years ago, then here is a rare chance. Thanks to these once private photos of Soviet students of a prestigious Moscow university, we can now see what these Soviet students were up to back then!

21 Responses to “Soviet Student Party 1967”

1. Rick says:

Do some of those people really not want to be there?

2. Chris Sobieniak says:

God, they all resemble my mom!

3. Papa Karlo says:

Looks like a pro photographer, so it must be staged.

4. Robert says:

Not much has changed then…

5. Horst says:

Not so different from my parents pics. Love the 60’s hairstyles.

6. JRR says:

Looks very much like the 60’s in the US. they look like they are waiting to see Elvis

7. Frank says:

They look mostly dead bored. What kind of party was that, a funeral party? Top of the pops “The Requiem”?

8. Lumpy Gravy says:

I first saw this collection two or three days ago when there were not yet any comments. I was just about to post something like “Very nice. Better times!” when I had 2nd thoughts because I didn’t want to provoke the usual Russophobes, anti-communists, western supremacists and other morons to post their mindless rubbish in response. So, I didn’t write a comment. But, having just come back here, I find that the morons didn’t need a provocation. They post their narrow-minded, prejudiced and uneducated nonsense regardless. It’s the same all over the Internet.

9. Alec Kinnear says:

Typical student party at a high calibre university. The funny guy, the aggressive drunk girl who can’t keep a boyfriend, sulky girls who are planning a successful marriage and can’t wait to get back to their books.

Doesn’t look much different from Canada in the nineties apart from the mod clothes.

10. Armstrong says:

Who is GRU’s agent?

11. Henrik says:

Looks like pictures with my parents when the were young.

What is most noticeable is that they look they have the correct weight for a human body in comparison to todays epidemic of extra weight.

12. argh says:

Is it just me or that guy is photobombing almost every photo? :)