12 Su-27 Plane on Exhibition in Moscow

Su-27 Plane on Exhibition in Moscow

Posted on March 15, 2016 by tim

Last year they have put a SU-27 on display near VDNH Exhibition in Moscow city. Next time you be in Moscow you might want to take a look in person, it’s a very nice looking army-themed monument. Here are few pics thanks to blogger Said:

12 Responses to “Su-27 Plane on Exhibition in Moscow”

1. liptonius says:

While it has more radar-reflective surfaces than a minivan, and a homebuilt radar-receiver could probably detect it on takeoff, you can’t say it’s not pretty.

Needs a better name, though. I propose “Badass RadarBait 1994″

• Agent Beeman says:

LOL. This Su-27 plane wasn’t designed as a Stealth fighter (you should check out the Su-T50). You didn’t know? The Su-27 is meant to destroy F-15s, F-16s, F/A-18s… and its pretty good at that. It can also outmaneuver and destroy the F-35.
      I guess you should still try to find “a better name”.

• Cover me, Porkins! says:

@”liptonious”
      –” a homebuilt radar-receiver could probably detect it…” LOLZ. The Russian Stealth fighter is the SU-T50, not this Su-27.

–“Needs a better name…”. Haha! It will be the same “name” for the (older) F-15, F-16 and F/A-18, the rivals of this Su-27.

You’re gonna have to try another thing to boost your funny self-steem. If that was your intention here, of course.

2. Papa Karlo says:

It’s very telling that they had to surround the whole “monument” with a very construction-site looking fence… Wouldn’t need a fence there in the Soviet times.

• Oscar Goldman says:

Do you have a cool supersonic jet in your neighborhood park? No?
      I thought so.

• Agent Beeman says:

An awesome jet fighter in public display, will always need some kind of protection, “Papa Karlo”. How many are on public display in your hometown square, boy? I’m just curious…

• Papa Karlo says:

First, you must be crazy to compare Russian National Exhibition in Moscow as with “your home town” or “neighbourhood park”.
        Second, the budget of my home town is limited (unlike Moscow’s, which is built from robbing taxpayers of the whole Russia), and I don’t want my home town to spend thousands of dollars on useless exhibits. This money are better spent on fixing roads and policing the neighbourhoods.

Another thing is, a modern plane should be in the air, not a museum piece (unlike a historical plane). But maybe this Russian plane is no better in the air than it is in the square.

I have many cool military and technological museums in my region, with just a symbolic fee, which are no burden on any town’s budget, and I like it this way.

When you see something cool like this, ask yourself: Who paid for this? Do I want a chunk of my taxes to go towards this? Of course, if you live on the social assistance, you don’t bother asking this, just use whatever others produce.

• Agent Beeman says:

Don’t get so emotional, “Karlo”. As said, an awesome jet fighter in public display, will always need some kind of protection. Seems you finally agreed.

…”ou must be crazy to compare Russian National Exhibition in Moscow as with “your home town” or…” Thanks for confirming my point.

…”Another thing is, a modern plane should be in the air, not a museum…”. You can find F-15’s and F-16’s in Museums. You didn’t know?

…”have many cool military and technological museums in my region…”. Nice. You should visit them more frequently.

…”Do I want a chunk of my taxes to go towards this? ….”. Seems you truly need it. It would help you to stop embarrassing yourself here, boy.

…”f you live on the social assistance, you don’t bother asking this, just use whatever ….”. Huh? I don’t need to imagine fantasies about you to reply here. Sure wy to fail… If you need to do that, well, that’s your problem only.

Try harder next time!

• Papa Karlo says:

Next time, try harder to stay on the topic, instead of giving advice or judging others. You haven’t’ noticed that instead of discussing the topic half of your attention has been drawn to giving me advice what to do and what not to do. You used YOU and YOUR in you post too many times.

• Agent Beeman says:

@”Papa Karlo”
              Thanks for confirming my point (again), “Karlo” boy. So, as said since the start, an awesome jet fighter in public display, will always need some kind of protection.

Please let us know why this (undisputed) and simple observation got you so emotional, and prompted you to imagine unrelated, funny fantasies. Are you on medication?

-…”Next time, try harder to stay on the topic, instead of giving advice or …”. …Hahah!! Follow your own ‘advice’. Or… don’t do anything and keep crying here like a little girl for no reason. What else can you do here?

Please keep it going. It’s very amusing!

=D

3. Oscar Goldman says:

“PapaKarlo”,

You do have a knack for failures, don’t you?

4. Lord Palmerston says:

It’s funny to see how looking at an awesome plane like this turns some kids into whining, full retards.

Maybe that’s too much for their fragile sensibilites.