10 Forgotten Station Silently Waiting For Signals

Forgotten Station Silently Waiting For Signals

Posted on February 27, 2016 by team

Numerous non-functioning antennas are located not so far from Anadyr in the north of Russia. Troposphere communication station "Yukon" and a local civil TV center used to function there too. Due to army reduction and development of satellite means of communication the demand in the costly station finally declined and in 2003 it was closed. The TV center was closed ten years later.

The station does not receive any signals today and its rusty discs sadly stare at the sky.

Check out how the station, that still has much equipment inside, looks like today.

10 Responses to “Forgotten Station Silently Waiting For Signals”

1. ausGeoff says:

Is there any logical reason as to why all these images couldn’t be posted on 2 or 3 pages? Having to click through two images at a time per page is extremely annoying. I just can’t be bothered. Sorry, you’ll be losing viewers if this continues.

• Pom2Ter says:

Do like others, get a subscription… I got one after getting pissed of changing pages. I’ve been on englishrussia for years but since they started with the 2 pictures per page system I really couldn’t take it and decided to pay to get it all on one page.

• DAS666 says:

Oh bloody hell, $1.99 a year is too much? Don’t be a cheap SOB!
      It was well worth every penny to subscribe. Cheapest subscription for anything, anywhere.

• L'hiver says:

Dude. How many times do we all have to tell you SPEND THE TWO BUCKS. And stop shitposting.

2. Finndude says:

@ausGeoff I suspect they’re trying to maximize ad revenue by forcing as many page loads as possible. As a result, I rarely come to this site anymore, and even when I do, I will often go directly to the last page and click the “via” link in hopes to find the interesting pictures on a single page. There’s no way I’m going to click through 20 pages to see everything.

3. macak cira says:

I don’t mind cycling through all of the pages. At first I hated it, but now I’m beginning to like just 2 pics/page.

4. alex kom says:

Just get a subscription. Subscription is like $2….