19 One Monster Truck from Belarus

One Monster Truck from Belarus

Posted on December 2, 2015 by tim

When we hear “monster truck” we usually imagine a normal sized truck on a set of oversized wheels. This time Belarus auto enthusiasts took the monster truck meaning to a really “monster” level. Their creation has six pairs of wheels that can rotate practically in any direction and thanks to this it can climb any trench and other obstacles. Let’s see how it looks.

The auto body was taken from a regular “MAZ” truck. It was strengthen and put on the set of wheels, which is an actual invention.

The whole setup is powered by a diesel engine with 122 hp.

19 Responses to “One Monster Truck from Belarus”

1. Geoff says:

Amazing feat of engineering, pity you didn’t post a video of it in action. Well done though, very good

2. Jewels Vern says:

And 23.5 miles per gallon. That is amazing. Usually when you say “truck” we expect closer to 6 miles per gallon.

3. Tutan Camon says:

Too small engine for huge car….

4. john says:

That is to cool,a job well done.

5. tamtam says:

Not bad. Here in the US, monster trucks are basically pickup trucks outfitted with mining tires.

Too bad nobody got a video of this thing in action. I imagine it’d be pretty bodacious.

6. www says:

Small video and more pics see in this article

7. OldBikr says:

This is a REAL monster truck. I imagine it would be great for carrying fire fighters out to fight forest fires.

8. OldBikr says:

I checked out the the indicated site. I am very impressed with the arrangement of the flat springs and the coil springs in the rear suspension. The design represents an unusual and very innovative development in the use of the springs. I wonder how smooth it could ride with the semi-elliptical springs counter-posed in that way.

• OldBikr says:

I would imagine get an amazing amount of spring travel with the way they arranged things.

9. hobo says:

I would live in that

10. Darius says:

I think this looks like a much more successful Russian creation : http://www.topgear.com/car-news/best-2015/road-russias-8wd-avtoros-shaman

There is also a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sFrNY_m1ZI

I think it was designed by a private company, and in my opinion this is a classical example how the products differ even visually when they are designed by a Russian institution that has governmental (public) roots and a private business design team.

More pictures and info on the company page: http://avtoros.info/landings/shaman/

11. Oscar Goldman says:

This is pretty cool. It would sell well anywhere.

12. Asmodeus says:

Again, it’s pretty cool and it seems it works great! It only needs a good paint job.