7 Close to the Bears

Close to the Bears

Posted on January 18, 2015 by tim

Russian wild life photographer Andrei has got used to making photos of the bears of Kamchatka however even he was amazed by this particular photo session when he got on his camera how the bear mom with a few little cubs got as close to the photographer as probably he could pet the cubs. See inside:

“This was in August, there is plenty of salmon around so bears are very satisfied in terms of food”, says Andrei, “however later I asked my colleague, the one on the photos – how did you feel?” “He said – Andrei – I tell you frankly – I was very very scared!”. Just look at his face!

At first the bears were pretty far away and he was just making his photos.

Even not suspecting what would happen next.

Until the cubs decided to see close what is this human around.

Andrei says: “I think that’s even the best photo is not worth of such a risk!”

“I was standing across the river on other shore with a group of tourists and an armed park ranger”.

“The ranger told me that you should never trust a bear however happy and satisfied he might look, that’s deceiving!”

The photographer guy was so shocked with this that he even didn’t move and didn’t look back to see what is behind.

However behind him was another bear!

And this was the riskiest moment when the cub went straight to him. You probably know how pre-cautious   bear moms towards their siblings.

Here, look at his face again! Face of a doomed man. Probably that’s the face how people face their slayers in the wars.

7 Responses to “Close to the Bears”

1. Rob Normann says:

Heheehe, I laughed when I saw these pics. I had made my pants very wet and felt so uncomfortable when the cubs got interested and got so close. Brave man just sit still, I had never dared taken that shot of the cubs up close.
    Excellent pictures.

2. Muzzlehatch says:

When a fellow needs a .44 Magnum.

3. Pom2Ter says:

Just staying so calm and not doing any sudden movements… until mama bear chop your head off…

4. frank says:

The pics we see were taken from long distance, with a big lens so the bears were probably not quite as close to Andreis friend as we think, but still, that man has guts. Did he at least have some bear repellant?

5. Name says:

Mommy bear knows Andrei very, very well. She does not take notice, turns her back on him and shows no signs of protecting the cubs. Shes so comfty.
    I bet, Andrei has no .44 in his pocket. Some device that sprays a tear gas evaporating liquid into the bears fur. No one wants to look in the eyes of an injured bear. Better to annoy him with tear gas and let him pass.

Keaton always said, “I don’t believe in God, but I’m afraid of him.” Well, I believe in God…and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Söze.

6. Pom2Ter says:

WTF is going on with the comments censorship when nothing wrong was posted??? I posted yesterday a reply to Muzzlehatch saying better use some .50 Action Express since its more powerful and to make sure you shoot and reload faster as well and some other post get posted in this post and other posts as well but my posts are not posted. Like the one in the Taxi driver with the squirrel???