9 An Abandoned Warship Near Moscow

An Abandoned Warship Near Moscow

Posted on November 6, 2014 by tim

Right near Moscow, there is a real warship the has been standing abandoned for more than ten years, but still with some chance of being reactivated some day. So the blogger Alexander and his friends decided to climb onto this ship and take photos from inside and outside.

Have you ever been on an abandoned Russian navy ship? If no, then here is your chance:

To get there they have to sneak inside as it is still under surveillance. Anyway, they succeeded and here they are inside.

Alexander says that initially there were plans to turn this ship into a museum but the funds that were set aside for this were stolen and the museum never happened.

Here is Alexander and the torpedo tubes.

"Make love, not war".

Some military use antennas.

Some other torpedo tubes.

And here they have gotten into the most important and interesting part - the heart of the ship  - the place where the captain controls it and makes orders.

Dreams about being a captain.

More from our network:

9 Responses to “An Abandoned Warship Near Moscow”

1. Alain says:

A place I have always dreamt to go, but never yet. Not “near Moscow” but “inside Moscow”. And too far from any metro line to be easily reachable by a tourist (yuzhnoe tushino raion if I am not wrong)…

2. Mike from Ohio says:

Hull 754 shows Bezboyaznennyy, commissioned 1990. Not old at all, wonder why she got parked?

• Alain says:

Checked in Wikipedia : most of them have been decommissioned, although not too old. So, either lack of money, or they became maybe useless because of other technologies ?

• Orel says:

Its Pr. 1135 frigate Druzhnyy, commissioned in 1975.
      Bezboyaznennyy is a Pr. 956 destroyer in the Pacific Fleet.

• MAXDMG says:

Maybe it be museum ship. In Moskow you can find museum submarine, maybe and this one if someone give money for this.

3. Muzzlehatch says:

“Other torpedo tubes” are launchers for antiship cruise missiles.

4. Douglas says:

People stealing money in Russia…oh my, I thought that only happened in the USA. Good grief.

5. Ryan says:

I love boats/ships… If I had the money, I would buy a houseboat and live there part of the year, floating on the water, that would be so nice.

If I lived in Moscow, I think maybe I’d just live on that thing whenever I wanted something a little different. There is nothing like this in the USA (that I know of)

6. Ruben Farje says:

the girl looks like she is going to the shop how she climbed?