13 Kamaz Truck Reimagined as a Home

Kamaz Truck Reimagined as a Home

Posted on October 17, 2014 by tim

I bet you’ve seen houses on wheels before, nothing new here. However, this one is made by some Russian actor and is not something made in a factory but by himself. It has a living space for the actor and his friends and a garage for storing his bike and other stuff. Let’s see how it looks.

Basically it was a regular KAMAZ truck. These models have all wheel drive and remind me of the cars that are used in the Paris-Dakar rally.

And this is how it looks inside. Wooden cabinets with bronze handles, not bad and it reminds me of an antique bar or something. Though the PVC walls spoil the impression.

13 Responses to “Kamaz Truck Reimagined as a Home”

1. john says:

Awesome Kamaz truck !

2. jr says:

very nice, how much is the cost of a project like this?

3. kraken says:

Whole idea 10/10 but furniture is ugly.

4. Faith Gorodki says:

A Kamaz motor home with a garage. That is one of the coolest things ever.

5. Vijay says:

Very creative person, I saw only the first page of this collection and share my comments immediately. Full of praise for those involved in this project, very creative. Others must think exponentially from this point and explore other similar projects. :))))

6. Carl says:

Very cool! There are actually companies that specialize in building trucks like this, with really lavish interior, and every kind of gadget and utility you will need.

7. mittens says:

this got me thinking… females would never be able to live like that because it is just too simple!

8. Stary Wylk says:

Reminds me of the Tsar’s yacht.

9. marian says:

@Rob: maybe if they had gay decorators it would look much worse :)

10. CZenda says:

Good idea, but the interior is a nightmare. Compare e.g. with Steinbeck´s GMC from “Travels with Charley”.

11. Leigh says:

I am a big fan of the humble House truck/bus. I have seen a lot of examples from around the world, and its great to see people utilizing similar ideas. A lot of people are not good at being rooted down, and mobility with a home is a great idea, its also affordable in this economy to do it compared to buying and going into 20 years of debt to pay off a house you have to continuously keep paying land rates on.. and utilities. It often ends up a lot more economic to have a house truck. Also note that with a house truck or bus, you can add a trailer later on as well, as your expansion. When you retire, you can also retire to the countryside, often for a whole lot less money than you would have in the city. I know of several people who have properties set up with food forests and water supplies based upon permaculture principles, they can just go park up their truck or bus. Its an interesting life style.