10 Tu 144: Welcome Inside!

Tu 144: Welcome Inside!

Posted on July 3, 2014 by team

Civil supersonic aviation practically does not exist. As for the Tu-144, only a few planes have been preserved to our times and it’s very hard to get inside one of them. This one from Ulyanovsk, Russia, has been luckily restored to a flying condition. We are going to get inside of it, but let’s hurry up, we’re short of time.

Inside it does not look spacious.

It is even narrow. It feels like being in a pipe.

10 Responses to “Tu 144: Welcome Inside!”

1. Martynas says:

Wow, great machine. I wonder if it could fly right now. So sad that Russian do not respect their own toys and mostly destroy them. As far as I know Tu-144 was quite different to Concord. I read that Tu-144 was way too loud inside and a bit ”nervous” when flying slowly.

2. DoomDriver says:

I cannot imagine someone fly this airplane without a proper front view!

3. abc.rover says:

I visited one at the Sinsheim Museum in Germany,it is in excellent condition and it is displayed next to a Concord and superficially it looks just like bigger version of the Concord. The Engines are displayed separately. Magnificent engineering.

4. Samuel says:

Supersonic flight for me is unobtainable. Flying low and slow in an airline propeller plane is a thrill I won’t forget. And if I could fly, it would be in something comparable to a car or motorcycle, not as an airline pilot. And I don’t mean a flying car! By the way, nice pictures.

5. john says:

I am glad this one was restored,nice to see inside one

6. Mister Twister says:

Reminds me of Concord. And those seats look okay.

7. Misty says:

Is this article also available in English?

8. Goniosse says:

About the “VIP passengers zone: I visited the Concord displayed in Toulouse, and i had the opportunity of… sitting in the President’s seat!

I can tell you french President Valery Giscard d’Estaing had to have a narrow ass if he intended beeing able to stand up himself after sitting in… ;-)