17 Russian Blogger Finds Tver City Bad

Russian Blogger Finds Tver City Bad

Posted on April 4, 2014 by tim

00s-2

A blogger from Moscow, Ilya, has travelled to the Russian city of Tver, which is roughly one hundred miles away from Moscow, and has around 400,000 people living in it. He says the city is bad: “Tver is an African-style savage, dirty and destroyed city. Looks like nothing good has happened here in the last twenty years. I travel a lot across Russia but you don’t often meet such a ***hole.” – writes Ilya.

02-2

“This is how Tver meets you”. Also be aware that these photos are widescreen and clickable!12-3

17 Responses to “Russian Blogger Finds Tver City Bad”

1. Andy Studebaker says:

Yes, Tver could use a little TLC , but these photos were taken
    during what we here in my part of US call “mud -month” the
    very end of snow-time, everything looks just awful, trees not
    green, trash revealed by melted snow… The faces of the
    people looked just fine. I liked the flower shop.

2. james says:

Most places I have been to (including N. Dakota where I currently reside)that have a harsh winter climate and lots of snow, usually look horrible in the early spring. Lots of trash becoming exposed as the snow melts. I have never been to Russia but I can imagine it looks a lot nicer later on in the year and calling a particular town “an African style hole” seems unfair (especially to Africans?). But then again what do I know and who gives a rats ass…

• Andy Studebaker says:

Good comment! After I posted my little blurb, I went to Google Images, typed in Tver Russia, and was astonished
      at the monuments, greenery, lush trees, beautiful architecture and cathedrals (those NEAT onion domes!) and waterways with boaters. People’s faces with smiles.
      I’ve done this for many Russian sites.

3. Dag says:

no shortage of cig butts all over the grounds it look like america detroit where african lives

4. Dag says:

look like detroit in america where obama from “an African style hole”

5. Tommo says:

Parts of Berlin, Prague and Sydney look like this. All of Melbourne does. Yet everyone loves these cities.

• Phredy says:

Having lived in Melbourne for several decades, I can assure you that not one photo in this post looks anything like Melbourne.
      Photos 3, 7 and 12 are the only ones that are reminiscent of inner Melbourne, around Fitzroy or Brunswick perhaps, but only if it was back in the 80’s or 90’s, and even then it would be drawing a long bow.

6. Pkwlsn says:

This doesn’t look any different from most Ukrainian or Russia cities I’ve lived in. The condition of the tramvai’s rails and cars actually look exactly like the one in Dnepropetrovsk.

7. Vijay says:

Nice set of pictures. People trash poorly in some cities globally.
    Specially where they know they can get away with it. I don’t see
    that much trash in these pictures.

The effect of snow and water on unpaved roads is well known.
    In some poor cities, the infrastructure is not maintained well like
    this tram here. Bridges, sewer systems are quite old and not
    maintained regularly in several cities globally for example.

A few poor may live in dwellings like tent cities.
    This is not bad. Even in California there are reports of this.

8. stjopa says:

Looks Like Tallinn to me.

9. zip says:

Reminds me of many places that time of the year. Bring on the summer!

10. Artsy says:

By the looks of it just needs all the rubbish to be picked up and the trams cleaned..Sounds like a good job for the low risk prison inmates

11. alex says:

Looks like any mean russian city. I have the same picture behind my window in Volgograd. Trash on the streets it not a problem itself, but trash in a very peoples’ heads – that’s the problem.

12. alex says:

Wow! I haven’t paid any attention what a perfect roads in Tver comparing to roads in Volgograd! Roads is mostly, almost FLAT! There are some legends about Volgograd road holes, that some of them goes to the center of the Earth

13. Jacob says:

This this news? Tver stopped being a significant city after it was laid to waste by an alliance of Moscow and Golden Horde in 14th century for staging a rebellion against the Horde.

14. andris says:

russia in nutshell

15. stveen says:

What’s with the racist comments? I’d rather look like Obama than a pasty-white, ugly Russian.