18 Ex Russian Soldier Lives Twenty Nine Years in Afghanistan

Ex Russian Soldier Lives Twenty Nine Years in Afghanistan

Posted on April 2, 2014 by tim

Fotor040292618

Today, I’ve read the story about a Russian, a Soviet citizen Sergei Krasnoperov, who was a soldier in Afghanistan in 1984 and then fled to the Mujahideen – the Muslim forces opposing the Soviet army there. Sergei, forty nine years old now, has served almost two years in Afghanistan, however according to his story, during the last months of his army service his relations with other soldiers became unbearable. “They all joined against me and I couldn’t respond. I even didn’t want to flee – all I wanted was justice to those soldiers who abused me, but the officers didn’t care. I didn’t even have a gun at the time, or I would have just killed them.”

So he decided to flee and he did. He went to the nearest enemy forces and

they accepted him, but first they placed him in prison for twenty days.

3022155

Sergey’s card with his old photo and details.

3022164

“It was not even a prison, just a small house, however there were guards securing the doors. At night they were putting shackles on my feet and removed them during the daytime – even if I could go away I didn’t know where to go. The chief of the Mujahideen arrived and told them that if I came by my own free will then I am also free to go away by my choice, so I don’t need any shackles or guards. However I didn’t even think about getting back to my unit – I supposed that they would shoot me on the spot. I think the chief wanted to test me.”, recalls Sergey. In the photo above, Sergey is going on his bike from work to his home in a small Afghan village.

18 Responses to “Ex Russian Soldier Lives Twenty Nine Years in Afghanistan”

1. John says:

He’s a traitor.

• borus says:

Who are you to judge? He is a human being like everybody else and he deserves happiness.

• nostromo says:

An easy thing to say

• Ramunas says:

Say just one clever opinion, why he is a traitor?
      He isn’t, because he didn’t want ti fight on the side of Soviet Ocupants!
      Before the time, when to Afganistan came bloody soviet ocupants, Afganistan was nice democratic country, whe woman could walk without hidden faces and with short skirts and so on, and so on.
      And in the second place, he’s russian, and he never traited Russia, cause he never been a solder of Russian army.

• MAXDMG says:

Democratic state? They live by medieval laws, what is democracy? A poor country whose contribution to the world economy is limited by the supply of heroin.

• bert says:

be aware of nsa and simular crap people talking nonsense and steer up trouble on topics like this with short clear sentences.
      usually with normal names like john, dave , jason , brendan, tom, morris, terry , gordon or steve.

2. shuker says:

He did the right thing. I would have done the same. He was risking his life in a pointless war already and his own troop ill-treated him – is that not treason?!

3. Otis R. Needleman says:

I’d rather be dead than live like that.

4. Dag says:

So he is now chanting that garbage and living in a mud hut….

5. Vijay says:

Very nice story, thanks for sharing.

6. Commenter says:

No John, he just got tired of the shit that was going on in his unit.

7. zip says:

His story would make an interesting book.

8. David says:

A lot of Democratic states have conscription & force their citizens to serve unwillingly. Anything happen to the servicemen & women, Democratic state will give 101 reasons why the government is not helping them! This is the reason why I do not like conscription even if I am a commander in my Reservist unit.

9. Leigh says:

interesting thing about Afganistan.. estimated 5 trillion u.s dollars worth of lithium in the mountains there. Its pretty much why the U.S went in there, Lithium is the worlds new oil. As for this soldier, he followed his heart, if we could all be so lucky.

10. pepole says:

“They even think the blacks are better than the Afghans.”